Monday, May 10, 2010

Frank Frazetta, Fantasy llustration Artist, Dies 82 -- posted by Florida Fine Art Blog



The king of wild fantasy illustrations died in Florida at the age of 82.  As a fantasy genre geek myself when I was young, I had a calender of his artwork and I may still have an old Molly Hatchet album he did the cover for.   Mr. Frazetta liked scantly clad warrior men and women.  The use of tiny metal bikini tops worn by busty warrior women may be his greatest contribution to his field, if not, it's what I appreciated most as a young boy.  Mr. Frazetta understood that fierce ugly dragons battling large muscle men with swords work better with scantly clad women around.  He will be missed. GL


http://www.frankfrazetta.org/

R.I.P. Frank Frazetta, The Artist Of Our Fantasies - frank frazetta - io9

No comments: